Friday, February 24, 2012

Letterpress! :D

I'm super excited to say that I've been working in letterpress and I really like the look of linocuts- something to consider in future projects and designs.

My first broadside was based on the theme of space, and I chose to focus on the personal space of relationships. The linocut image is a true love knot, which is acts in the same way as a chinese fingertrap, composed of 2 overhand knots that tighten when pulled in opposite directions, inseparable yet flexible.




The 2nd project was for "impossible" ephemera, so I created posters for a "Pirate Craft Fair" event (not that I discriminate against pirates who are into crafts and knitting, but it is highly unlikely to happen). The knit bootie shape was made with xerox transfers.





No comments:

Post a Comment