Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Art history

What I learned in Art History yesterday:
Mary Cassatt was a classy lady. A real go-getter in times that women were expected to be demure and stoic.
Monet and Renoir were close pals... they even lived together on a house boat. BROMANCE BOAT PARTY! :D

I wanna draw comics for these images in my head.

Speaking of comics, have you checked out Matt Forsythe's work? I dig Ojingogo!

After hearing about it for years, I finally go around to reading Ghost in the Shell by Masamune Shirow... and find it a bit messy in pacing, but at least more clarifying than the movie.

I finished reading Jiro Taniguchi's A Distant Neighborhood Vol. 1 and now I really want to read Vol. 2... figures that a 3-time Eisner nominated mangaka knows his storytelling (correction, I have read both and highly recommend it for people who enjoy slow-paced, mature artwork). There's an interesting review of Vol. 1 and Taniguchi in general on Read About Comics, a comics review site by Greg McElhatton. A French movie adaptation is currently in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment